Discover Houses for Rent in Medford, MA
Medford, Mass., makes a great home for growing families of all ages because of its academic environment and beautiful surroundings. Tufts University is located there, and the presence of young college students helps the town maintain a lively vibe throughout the year. Homes for rent are desirable to families and students alike, and whether you're looking for something close to campus or farther on the outskirts, odds are there will be a rental that meets your needs.
Helpful Information for Medford Renters
- Medford's downtown area looks like it's out of a postcard with pretty brick buildings and walkable streets.
- Founded in 1630, Medford is a historic community. Many believe its name stems from the phrase "the ford by the meadow" and the old practice of fording across the Mystic River.
- Medford has some pretty great neighbors, including Melrose, Arlington and Chelsea.
Key Resources for Medford Families
- It's easy to travel from Medford to Boston and other towns via the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. Check out your options and schedules on the MBTA website.
- Medford Public Schools offer students a well-rounded K-12 education. Parents can stay up to date on school affairs by visiting the MPS website.
- The Medford Police Department has a Twitter page that residents can follow for updates on local happenings and security tips.
Things to Do in Medford
Because of Medford's storied heritage, the Medford Historical Society is one of the most-visited attractions in town. The organization displays centuries-old artifacts, photographs, town records and other exhibits so residents and visitors alike can understand just how special Medford is. Local residents also look to Tufts University for things to do and head to campus for performances, lectures, exhibits and other attractions.