Discover Houses for Rent in Melrose, MA
Melrose, Mass., is an active community of residents located just 7 miles north of Boston. If you're looking for a home for rent in an area that combines a rural atmosphere with urban amenities, Melrose is the place for you. The town contains beautiful Victorian homes, historic traditions and large open spaces that make for a very easygoing pace of life. Many families are drawn to Melrose because of the numerous natural attractions, like Ell Pond and Middlesex Fells Reservation. Additionally, the city's crime rate has been significantly lower than the national average for longer than a decade.
Quick Facts for Melrose Renters
- Melrose was first explored in 1628 and a large percentage of homes still standing today were built before 1900.
- Neighboring communities include Medford, Lynn and Woburn.
- Melrose has the quaint, walkable downtown area that many families desire in their new home.
Key Resources for Melrose Families
- It's possible to commute between Melrose and Boston via the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's Haverhill Line. Check out schedules and times on the MBTA website.
- Melrose officials send out tweets via the City of Melrose Twitter page, and you can follow it to stay in the know on town happenings.
- The City of Melrose's website contains a "How Do I" Web page that serves as a great reference for new residents looking to get acquainted with the workings of the town.
- Information on Melrose Public Schools and its resources can be found online.
Things to Do in and Around Melrose
The Melrose Arts Festival is the town's most popular attraction and is held each spring in Memorial Hall. The event brings together local artists and their work, food and prize drawings. Melrose residents also head to nearby Medford to attend events and performances at Tufts University.