Discover Your Next House for Rent in Needham, MA
An affluent town with beautiful surroundings and a great school system, Needham, Mass., is a very desirable community for families. This walkable suburban town has a nice downtown area where you can shop, dine or just take a stroll and run into your friendly neighbors. If you're looking to get involved in local affairs after moving into your new home for rent, there are many community organizations and groups that welcome new residents and are open to new ideas.
Quick Facts for Needham Renters
- The town's slogan is "Live, Work, Play, Needham."
- According to City-Data, Needham has had an impressively low crime rate for more than a decade when compared to the U.S. average.
- The town also fuels a "find it local" mentality and urges residents to find the things they need in Needham rather than look elsewhere.
- Needham originated as a farming community in the 1640s.
- Surrounding towns include Dedham, West Roxbury and Newton.
4 Great Needham Resources
- Within Needham there are four Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority commuter rail stops. Check out their schedules on the MBTA website.
- Wondering where you can park your car in town? This map of public parking in Needham can help you find a spot.
- The Town of Needham maintains an active Twitter page. Follow it for updates on local happenings.
- Find information on your child's school on the Needham Public Schools Web page.
What's Going On in Needham?
The Charles River is one of Needham's most popular attractions. The Charles River Peninsula, which sits at a twist in the river, contains expansive fields, wooded shorelines and nature trails where people can enjoy the great outdoors. Popular local events include the Needham Antique Show, Needham Arts in the Park, Second Saturday, Turkey Hunt and Bike Ride for Food.