Explore Houses for Rent in Ocean Springs, MS
Just over the Biloxi Bay Bridge from Biloxi, Ocean Springs has a history that dates back to the 18th century. In addition to the rich history of the city, homes for rent in Ocean Springs give renters the chance to enjoy the unique attractions of the Gulf Coast.
Ocean Springs Historical Facts
- In April 1699, the French created a beachhead at the site of what is now Ocean Springs.
- The French inhabitants of the Ocean Springs area settlement moved to Mobile Bay in 1702, three years after the formation of the beachhead.
- In 1811, the Ocean Springs region became a part of American territory six years before Mississippi joined the Union in 1817.
- Ocean Springs belonged to British West Florida after France lost the Seven Years War in 1763 and ceded its North American colonies to Britain.
Useful Ocean Springs Resources
- For assistance with navigating local government and residential concerns, residents can visit the municipal website of the City of Ocean Springs.
- The Ocean Springs School District website provides a host of tools for parents interested in getting familiar with the educational options available in Ocean Springs.
- Information about commercial opportunities and community events can be found at the Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce website.
Ways to Play in Ocean Springs
Ocean Springs rentals are close to a selection of appealing amenities. The Walter Anderson Museum of Art, for instance, sports rotating exhibitions in addition to permanent collections that contain artworks in media that range from ceramics to watercolors. Renters looking to relax with a drink and evening entertainment can stop by Castaways Bar & Grill for cocktail specials or a burger and fries. To brush up on local history, residents can visit the Ocean Springs Museum of History to experience artifacts and displays representing the history of the city.