Search Amazing Houses for Rent in Dayton, NV
Dayton is a census-designated place in Nevada's Lyon County. It's located northeast of Carson City. It was Nevada's first permanent settlement, the site of Nevada's first Chinatown and the home of Lyon County's first courthouse, meaning that homes for rent in the community are steeped in important history. Renters are sure to love all that Dayton has to offer.
Historical Facts About Dayton
- Thousands of emigrants headed out West during the Gold Rush. They camped at what is now Dayton if snow made the Sierra Nevada impossible to get through.
- In 1849, Abner Blackburn and a group of emigrants camped at the mouth of Gold Cañon, which is now Old Town Dayton. He went off prospecting and discovered gold, which was the first documented discovery in the state.
- In 1851, a wagon train on the way to California remained at Gold Cañon for almost two weeks due to Sierra snow, marking the state's first lengthy settlement.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Visit Lyon County's website for more information about the local area that can help new residents get settled in their houses for rent. It has details about the local departments, a rundown of the area's schools, historical information and online services that can help people get acquainted with the community.
- The Dayton Chamber of Commerce's website outlines the businesses in the area, as well as useful links for those looking for things to do and how to find the best attractions and establishments in town.
- The Historical Society of Dayton Valley's site is worth checking out if you're interested in learning about the early history of the community. It also holds meetings and events that may be fun to attend for new renters who want to meet their neighbors.