Discover Houses for Rent in Amityville, NY
Amityville is a suburban village on the southern shore of Long Island in the town of Babylon. Amityville is bordered by Massapequa and Lindenhurst, and the village is made up of three peninsulas that jut out into the ocean and the land north of them. Homes for rent in Amityville are convenient for commuters headed to New York City or other locations on Long Island because of Route 27 and the Metropolitan Transit Authority train station in the village. Families will enjoy the area for its local businesses and waterfront parks, like Tanner Park and Amityville Municipal Bathing Beach Park.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Although part of another town, Amityville operates many of its own municipal services. This creates a strong independent community rather than just a differently named region of town.
- The area now known as Amityville was originally settled in the 1600s, although it wasn't incorporated until 1894. It may be hard for current residents to believe, but Amityville and the surrounding areas used to be farms. Fishing was also a major industry in the village. In the more recent past, Amityville was home to Manhattan residents looking for a coastal summer escape.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Amityville Record is the local newspaper for the village. The Record reports news from all across Long Island.
- Children in town are part of the Amityville Union Free School District, where they can attend a regional school without traveling outside of the village.
- From zoning board meeting minutes to relevant information about local government, the Amityville website is filled with information every resident should know.
Live in Amityville
Although small, Amityville has a lot to offer families with its great public transportation, strong schools and plentiful recreational facilities.