Find Houses for Rent in Copiague, NY
Copiague is a hamlet in the town of Babylon that's bordered by Amityville and Lindenhurst. Copiague is on the southern coast of Long Island with several peninsulas that extend into South Oyster Bay. The largely residential community has a train station in its downtown area, making for an easy ride to the city that takes about an hour. Copiague is also near Route 27 for travel on the island as well as Jones Beach State Park for an enormous beach where the whole family can cool off. Homes for rent in Copiague are very close to the water themselves, with plentiful docks and boat launches as well as a beach at Copiague Neck County Park.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Copiague is well-known in the region for its fine dining. Restaurants like Bellissimo Ristorante Italiano and Sergio's anchor the Italian dining, but there are dozens of other options as well that create an eclectic assortment of dining choices for renters.
- Copiague, once called "Powell's" and "Huntington South," was named after a Native-American phrase that meant "sheltered place." After the railroad was put in during the early 1900s, a developer started building Marconville, the Italian-American neighborhood in the north.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- As part of Babylon, many of the town's resources from its website, like contact information for different departments and town announcements, are useful for Copiague residents.
- The Copiague Public Schools give every child in town the chance to get a superior education in a culturally diverse school system.
- Whether you're looking for a new place to grab lunch with the family or you want to know what local events are coming up, the Copiague Chamber of Commerce has a strong and informational Web presence.
Live in Copiague
Copiague is a beautiful coastal hamlet made up of families from all different cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Your family will enjoy renting in this scenic and friendly community.