Discover Houses for Rent in Medford, NY
Located a few miles east of Smithtown, this hamlet in New York can be found on Long Island in the town of Brookhaven. This small community has homes for rent that families will love due to the tranquility and calm of Medford.
Fun Facts for Renters New to Medford
- The Long Island Railroad established the Medford Station in 1843 in the Long Island Central Pine Barrens. By bringing Patchogue and Port Jefferson together through the tracks, a post office was able to be built in the area.
- Geographically, Medford is defined as a hamlet because it's a small community located within a bigger town.
- In 1907, the Long Island Railroad built the Medford Prosperity Farm to show that crops could be planted and grown in the Pine Barrens. Due to its success, then-President Theodore Roosevelt visited Medford three years later in 1910.
Valuable Resources for New Medford Residents
- Schools in Medford fall under the Patchogue-Medford School District, which provides its communities with valuable education to shape a better future. Through experienced instructors and top-of-the-line facilities, students can thrive in an engaging learning environment.
- Residents can travel to the Patchogue-Medford Library to take advantage of the facility's wealth of educational resources. It also runs multiple programs for children, teens and adults, ranging from reading courses to tutoring for classes.
- With the Long Island Railroad having a station in town, trips into NYC are easy to come by for families looking for urban adventures.
What to Do in Medford
With the towns of Holtsville and Yaphank on its borders, renters in Medford have no shortage of entertainment and excitement from its neighbors. The hamlet's tight-knit approach to community makes it the perfect place for families to live, grow and flourish.