Find Your Next House for Rent in Piermont, NY
Piermont is a village in Rockland County nestled in the town of Orangetown. It's near the hamlet of Palisades on the western bank of the Hudson River, making for some incredible scenery. Those looking for the perfect home for rent in which to raise a family will enjoy all that this lovely village has to offer. From plentiful parks, to Piermont Pier, to Piermont Marsh, there are multiple venues providing opportunities to get outside and enjoy the exciting outdoor environment that New York is known for.
Historical Facts About Piermont
- The first commercial settlement in Piermont grew up along a creek called Tappan Slote. The area around the present-day Rockland Road Bridge was the first settlement of a few buildings, which included a gristmill. The millpond that was made to power the millwheels still exists.
- Piermont as it is today was developed in the 1830s when the Erie Railroad built railroads from New York City to Lake Erie. In 1839, the owner of the Erie Railroad, Eleazar Lord, renamed Tappan Slote to Piermont. The word combined a reference to the Erie pier and the mountain where he built his country estate.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- The Village of Piermont has an official website that's bursting with helpful information for new residents. From detailed listings of government officials and departments to outlines of future plans and event calendars, the village has done a wonderful job in making itself accessible to its citizens.
- An unofficial website for the village was also created, and it has plenty of links that renters may find useful, including those for local weather forecasts, departments and news sources.
- If you're into music, check out The Turning Point's website, which is a local music joint that regularly features exciting live musical acts for reasonable prices.