Search for the Perfect House for Rent in Pleasant Valley, NY
Pleasant Valley is a rural-suburban town in Dutchess County near Poughkeepsie. It has three distinct hamlets within its borders, including Pleasant Valley, Salt Point and Washington Hollow, offering those looking for homes for rent plenty of attractive options. With recreational opportunities, senior programs, high-quality local schools and various parks and events, Pleasant Valley is the perfect place for families who are looking to settle down in New York.
Interesting Historical Facts About Pleasant Valley
- What's now the hamlet of Pleasant Valley was called Charlotte in 1762. It was part of the Crum Elbow Precinct, which was part of the Nine Partners Grant.
- Pleasant Valley became part of the Town of Clinton when the precincts were divided into townships in 1788.
- Farming was the most important industry in the area, but milling was also profitable. The area housed grain mills, cotton mills and fulling mills. The only mill still standing is Robert Abbot's cotton and grain mill, which was first built in 1808.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- Pleasant Valley has an entire website dedicated to its recreational opportunities. There, new residents can sign their kids up for summer camps and sports camps, reserve park facilities for special events and register for in-town programs.
- The Pleasant Valley Free Library aims to provide all citizens with effective, friendly and quality library services. In addition to an extensive collection of books, DVDs and CDs, the library offers computer, fax and photocopying services.
- The town has a website that's full of helpful resources that residents can peruse, including links to department information, town services, historical information, helpful resources and community activities. Everything you want to know about Pleasant Valley can be answered on this site.