Discover Houses for Rent in Whitestone, NY
A neighborhood in Queens, N.Y., Whitestone is situated on the East River just across from Ferry Point Park in the Bronx. People who discover homes for rent in Whitestone will find themselves becoming a part of a close community within the large City of New York. With Cross Island Parkway, Interstate 295 and Interstate 678 all passing through Whitestone, it's easy for residents to get wherever they want to go.
5 Interesting Facts for Whitestone Renters
- Whitestone is sandwiched between the neighborhoods of Bayside (to the east) and College Point (to the west), and lies just north of Murray Hill.
- Most real estate in Whitestone is composed of small apartment buildings and single-family homes.
- Whitestone is extremely walkable.
- Whitestone has a large Italian population.
- The neighborhood encompasses 4 square miles.
Top Resources for Renters in Whitestone
- Whether you're looking for your new favorite book or want to check out a movie, the Queens Library in Whitestone is a great resource.
- Planning to visit one of the two beaches (Beechurst and Boosters) in Whitestone? Take a look at the weather forecast first.
- If you plan to enroll your little ones in one of the several elementary schools near Whitestone, you'll want to read about the New York City Department of Education.
Things to Do in and Around Whitestone
Whitestone residents often jog in Little Bay Park, sometimes stopping to get a look at the impressive Throgs Neck Bridge. You'll find the neighborhood's shopping district near 150th Street and 14th Avenue, and there are no shortage of locally owned eateries in Whitestone. Families with kids will love Harvey Park, which features basketball courts, baseball fields and even a roller-skating rink.