Discover Homes for Rent in Bronx, NY
One of the most densely populated counties in the country,Bronx is also the only one of New York City's five boroughs located primarily on the mainland. Homes for rent in Bronx are located in an incredibly fascinating and culturally diverse place - a borough with dynamic neighborhoods, a vibrant arts and culture scene and some of the most emblematic institutions in the country.
Fast Facts for Renters in Bronx
- Bronx grew into a manufacturing center in the first few decades of the 19th century before entering a period of accelerated growth after World War I. After a period of decline in the mid-1900s, Bronx underwent a period of revitalization that's greatly increased its quality of life.
- Bronx is connected to Manhattan and Queens by several different tunnels. It's also easy to get around - service to Bronx is provided by several Metropolitan Transportation Authority train lines and two Metro-North Railroad commuter lines.
- Public school students are served by the New York Department of Education, and there are a variety of highly respected private schools, including the Bronx High School of Science and the Celia Cruz Bronx High School of Music. Institutions of higher learning in Bronx include Fordham University, Manhattan College and three campuses part of the City University of New York.
Great Resources for Renters in Bronx
- The Bronx section of the New York Daily News is a great place to get the latest coverage on events in the borough.
- I Love the Bronx is a good source of information for new residents, as it offers an overview of Bronx's neighborhoods and attractions.
Things to Do in Bronx
Top destinations include Yankee Stadium, home of the New York Yankees, the Bronx Museum of the Arts, several off-off-Broadway theaters and the Hall of Fame for Great Americans. There are many well-known and hole-in-the-wall restaurants serving almost any cuisine you can imagine.