Discover Houses for Rent in Hope Mills, NC
Hope Mills is a town in North Carolina's Cumberland County. The community is near Fayetteville, a prominent city in the state, meaning that residents will have many options for careers and weekend trips while living in Hope Mills. Families searching for homes for rent can visit locations in Hope Mills like Hope Mills Lake, Butler Nature Preserve, Hope Mills Public Library and more.
Interesting Facts About Hope Mills
- The area around Hope Mills - known as the Cape Fear region - was first settled in the early 1700s. Some of the earliest settlers in the area hailed from the Scottish Highlands.
- The early economy of Hope Mills centered on the community's multiple mills. Gristmills, sawmills and lumber camps were in the surrounding area as well.
- During the late 1800s, Hope Mills was one of the largest communities in Cumberland County.
- The community has been called other names throughout its history, such as Hope Mills Number One.
- The town was officially incorporated into North Carolina in 1891.
- The Cape Fear and Yadkin Valley Railway was a factor in the development of Hope Mills, helping to catalyze the mill industry.
Resources for Renters
Hope Mills has a website designed to inform new renters about the crucial aspects of the town. General information and pages on a variety of government offices are provided on the site, such as the city's departments, including the town clerk office and the human resources department.
Cumberland County Schools has a website that will help parents learn about the education their children will receive in Hope Mills.
The Hope Mills, NC Area Chamber of Commerce has a website with pages on a variety of resources relevant to the business community in Hope Mills. These pages include "Economic Development" and "Member Directory."