Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in McLeansville, NC
McLeansville is a small community that's found in North Carolina's Guilford County.The community is close to dynamic North Carolina cities, such as Greensboro and Burlington. Families searching for homes for rent in the community will be pleased to know that there are a number of schools, entertainment venues and more to be found in the community.
History of McLeansville and Guilford County
- Guilford county is named after Francis North, the first Earl of Guilford.
- The first courthouse in Guilford County was constructed in 1774.
- The county has a connection to the Revolutionary War - the Battle of Guilford Court House, involving Nathanael Greene and Lord Cornwallis, took place in the county.
- German and Quaker immigrants came to the area in the 18th century, helping to shape the area in unique ways.
- Quakers established Guilford College in 1837.
- There are a number of historic points of interest in the county, including the Charlotte Hawkins Brown Museum, the Mendenhall Plantation and more.
- The famous Woolsworth lunch sit in during the Civil Rights era took place in the county.
- Famous individuals from Guilford County have included O. Henry, the famous short-story writer; Dolly Madison, the wife of James Madison, and more.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Great resources about the business community in the area can be found on the website for the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce. There's a number of helpful resources available to residents, such as news, upcoming events, contact information and more.
- Guilford County's official website contains a bevy of useful resources for new residents. Among these are a country directory, detailed descriptions of the county government and its departments, news and more, all of which will be informative for new residents.