441 Houses for Rent in Hilliard, Ohio
Number of Bedrooms
Hilliard House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Hilliard, OH
Hilliard is a bustling city located in Franklin County. It's approximately 20 minutes from the city of Columbus. Homes for rent allow families to aim for a strike at the Ten Pin Alley, test out the golf swing at the Heritage Golf Club or go back in time at the Early Television Museum.
Facts for Renters
- Hilliard was purchased in 1853 by John Reed Hilliard, which is where the town got its name. Hilliard was a resident of Piqua at the time of the acquisition.
- The town was originally known as Hilliard's Station, in hopes of taking advantage of the nearby railroads such as the Columbus, Indiana and Piqua Railroads, which were new. Hilliard laid out a map for the station but never actually lived there. Even after the word station was dropped from the town's name, the townspeople still loosely referred to the area as Hilliard's Station it until it became a city in 1960.
- After World War II, the town had a boom in industry and population, shifting the area from a town to a city.
- The town initially was dependent on agriculture and hoped to farm on land that surrounded the small village. Two of the first buildings constructed were a warehouse and a steam saw mill in the town.
- The town gained city status from the Secretary of State of Ohio in 1960. Since then, the city has remained prosperous and only gained more business, developing into a well-known destination outside Columbus.
Resources for Renters
- Learn about the history of this city by visiting the Hilliard website.
- Interested in enrolling your children in schools or want to become part of the school's fundraising committee? Find out all you need to know on the Hilliard City Schools website.
- Get your daily scoop of local happenings and breaking news by reading the Hilliard Northwest News.