Discover Houses for Rent in Canonsburg, PA
Those looking to experience the quiet of the Pennsylvania hills may want to consider checking out the homes for rent in Canonsburg. This quaint community is known for its active civic organizations that hold multiple events each year. Located about 20 miles southwest of Pittsburgh, this borough is a short distance from the larger metro, which offers a wide selection of entertainment, yet is far enough to have peace and quiet.
Key Facts About Canonsburg
- Canonsburg is home to the sixth largest Oktoberfest in the country. The annual event features German bands, food, games, rides, crafts, brews and other entertainment for three days.
- Residents with children can decide to send their kids to either a nearby public or private institution. The local public schools are part of the Canon-McMillan School District and include Wylandville Elementary, South Central Elementary, Hills Hendersonville Elementary, First Street Elementary, Cecil Elementary, Borland Manor Elementary, North Strabane Intermediate School, Cecil Intermediate School, Canonsburg Middle School and Canon-McMillan High School.
- Canonsburg was originally a market town when it was first incorporated on Feb. 22, 1802.
Resources for Canonsburg Renters
- Residents and visitors who want to learn more about the history of the community and about the available resources, services and events can check out the official Canonsburg website for the latest information.
- Parents or guardians of children who attend one of the schools in the Canon-McMillan School District can stay abreast of the latest policies, extracurricular options and the school calendar of events by visiting the district's official website.
What to Do in and Around Canonsburg
Many of the residents of Canonsburg enjoy partaking in the running and planning of one of the many community festivals and events. There are also many available parks and trails to walk, shopping in the downtown center and family-friendly dining establishments.