Locate Houses for Rent in Carnegie, PA
The picturesque downtown of Carnegie is just one of the many reasons residents are proud to call this borough home. Homes for rent come in a wide range of styles due to the modernization of some streets, yet other neighborhoods still retain the charm of older, historic styles. Located about 6 miles southwest of Pittsburgh, residents can easily commute to and from the larger metro and their home in Carnegie. After all, Pittsburgh is only a trip up Interstate 376 and a quick hop over the Ohio River.
Interesting Facts About Carnegie
- Carnegie was incorporated on March 1, 1894, by combining two smaller boroughs, Mansfield and Chartiers. The new borough was named after Andrew Carnegie after he gifted the community with the Carnegie High School and the Andrew Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall.
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the fine institutions serving the area. Carnegie is part of the Carlynton School District, which includes Carnegie Elementary, Crafton Elementary and Carlynton Junior-Senior High School.
- Multiple major interstates run through Carnegie, including interstates 279 and 79 and Route 50.
Resources for Carnegie Renters
- Visitors and residents can learn about the community and stay aware of any key events or festivities occurring within town by checking out the official Carnegie website.
- The Carlynton School District website provides students, parents and teachers with a comprehensive list of available resources, including a school calendar, digital interface for communicating with school officials or educators and a copy of current policies.
What to Do in and Around Carnegie
The active downtown community of Carnegie is a vibrant place for residents and visitors to spend an evening or weekend afternoon. The town center includes many highly rated dining institutions and a wide variety of shops.