Enjoy Houses for Rent in Mckees Rocks, PA
Residents of the family-friendly community of Mckees Rocks often enjoy the convenience of living within easy commuting distance of Pittsburgh. Mckees Rocks is only about 3 miles northwest of Pittsburgh and covers slightly more than 1 square mile of land. Homes for rent in this Allegheny County borough are tucked into the flood plains of the Ohio River and Chartiers Creek.
3 Key Facts About Mckees Rocks
- The area of Mckees Rocks was first settled by Peter Chartiers, who was closely followed by American explorers like Christopher Gist, John and George Mercer and George Washington. Many of these explorations and settlements were funded by the Ohio Company of Virginia.
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the high-quality schools that are part of the Sto-Rox School District, which includes Sto-Rox Elementary, Sto-Rox Middle School and Sto-Rox High School.
- Those who wish to practice their religion in a place of worship are in luck. Many denominations have parishes or churches in or near Mckees Rocks.
Resources for Renters in Mckees Rocks
- The Mckees Rocks Community Development Corporation website provides residents and visitors with the information they need to contact municipality departments, find events happening in the community and contact local officials.
- To stay informed about the events happening in the greater area around Mckees Rocks, individuals can check out the Allegheny County website. This site provides access to information about the latest news in the county and the departments dedicated to serving locals.
Things to Do in and Around Mckees Rocks
Visitors and residents in Mckees Rocks enjoy visiting many of the locally owned retailers and dining establishments. There are also many national chains that provide entertainment to those in the area.