Find Houses for Rent in Deer Park, TX
Deer Park may be a small, quiet Texas community, yet it certainly doesn't lack character. More renters are seeking homes for rent in this quaint, desirable community. Deer Park is located quite close to Houston, which makes it the perfect home for commuters who'd prefer to raise their families in the suburbs as opposed to the big city.
Top Facts for Deer Park Renters
- Deer Park's history stretches far back - the community was founded in the early 1890s. The area attracted plenty of residents and businesses in its early years, thanks to the railroad that was located nearby.
- Though the town's growth slowed for a while, it picked up rapidly once a Shell oil refinery was built and more people relocated to the area.
- Deer Park residents voted to incorporate back in 1948, and Earl E. Dunn served as the first mayor.
- Parents who send their children to public schools will be a part of the Deer Park Independent School District. By checking out the district's website, residents can stay informed about the latest happenings.
- Deer Park's website and Facebook page provide renters with all the updates they may need about community meetings, things to do and other local information.
San Jacinto College is located in nearby Pasadena, which makes it possible for locals to further their education or just take an interesting class for fun.
Fun Things to Do in Deer Park
Deer Park boasts many green community spaces, something both parents and kids will enjoy. From burning off energy on the playgrounds to kicking a ball around the grassy areas, there are plenty of activities for families. On rainy or chilly days, there's still a lot for renters to do - checking out one of nearby Houston's museums can help broaden the minds of young and old alike.