477 Houses for Rent in Dickinson, Texas
Number of Bedrooms
Dickinson House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Find Houses for Rent in Dickinson, TX
The charming community of Dickinson draws more residents seeking homes for rent every year. This city is rich in history and in the perfect location, making it ideal for working families with children. With continued development and a bright future ahead, things appear to be getting better and better for Dickinson, which will only increase its appeal.
Quick Facts for Dickinson Renters
- Dickinson gets its name from founder John Dickinson, who received a land grant for the area just north of the current city in 1824. A permanent settlement was established in 1850, which means there's plenty of local history to take in.
- The city is located just outside Houston, making it a convenient choice for parents who work in the metro area but want to reside in a quieter, more community-oriented city.
- Dickinson encourages residents to get involved with community groups and activities and has a range of clubs and associations renters can join to get to know their neighbors.
Important Resources for Residents
- Dickinson's website has all the information newcomers will need to learn more about their new home and catch up on community happenings and news.
- Local children attend schools in the Dickinson Independent School District. Parents can remain informed about events and programs by checking out the district's website.
- Business owners can get the resources they need to run a successful operation from the North Galveston County Chamber of Commerce, which serves Dickinson.
Fun Things to Do in Dickinson
Besides enjoying biking, walking or an afternoon at the local park, Dickinson residents can also use their close proximity to Houston as an advantage on evenings and weekends. Attending sporting events, museums and other Houston attractions is fun for children of all ages and their parents.