Find Houses for Rent in Hewitt, TX
Hewitt is a city with a long, rich history - and it's perfect for families seeking homes for rent in Texas. It started out as a rural farming community back in the late 1800s, and it still manages to retain its unique, community-focused feel despite having grown substantially over the years.
Things Hewitt Renters Should Know
- Hewitt is conveniently close to Waco, giving renters more options for both entertainment and employment.
- Railroads helped form Hewitt - the area was initially developed after the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad built a rail line and station nearby.
- There are a number of colleges and universities near Hewitt. Baylor University is located in nearby Waco, as is McLennan Community College and the Texas State Technical College System.
Resources for Hewitt Residents
- The city's official website has all the information renters need both before and after moving. With information on local events, city services and government meetings, it's easy for Hewitt renters to stay up to date.
- The Hewitt Chamber of Commerce offers residents plenty of resources for doing business within the city.
- Parents will need to check out the Midway Independent School District website for information on local public schools. Families with school-aged children will find updates on school events, staff member contact information and other important information.
Things to Do in Hewitt
It's hard to run out of entertainment options in Hewitt. Museums within a short distance of Hewitt include the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and the Dr Pepper Museum. There are also numerous local parks for active families to enjoy. Plenty of golf courses are also nearby for those who need some relaxing outdoor time or just want to practice their swing.