Discover Houses for Rent in Corinth, TX
Corinth is located in Denton County, and is a suburb of Dallas. Corinth neighbors Denton and Argyle. Families looking for homes for rent will find a blend of interesting venues and locations in the community. Some of these are Corinth Community Park, Corinth Farms Park, City of Corinth Fishing Pond and many more.
History of Corinth and Denton
- Dallas and Wichita Railway named the community Corinth in the late 1800s. The railway reached the community in 1880.
- Corinth's motto is "Gateway to Success."
- Corinth's proximity to Denton makes the history of Denton illuminating for getting a sense of Corinth's lineage.
- Denton was incorporated in 1866.
- Denton played a heavy role in the agriculture of the region, fostering trade in the area.
- A key and unique aspect of Denton's early history was the establishment of the North Texas Normal College, which set it apart from other Texas communities that relied on agriculture. The college is now known as University of North Texas.
- The Denton Review was the first newspaper in the city, founded in 1864. Subsequent newspapers included the Denton Monitor, the Denton County Record and the Denton Chronicle.
Resources for Renters
Corinth's website provides the latest news from the community and has an up-to-date calendar with the latest events in the community posted. Other pages on the site include "Community" which has a subsection called "Keep Corinth Beautiful." This allows renters to learn about recycling options in the city and volunteering to help keep the civic charm of Corinth immaculate. The city's agendas are well described on the site's page on city government.
Lake Dallas Independent School District has information on schools surrounding Corinth. Parents can explore pages such as "Mission, Vision, Goals and Beliefs" to get a sense of the district's ethic.