Discover Houses for Rent in Newcastle, WA
A beautiful natural retreat, Newcastle, Wash., offers the charm and quiet of small-town living with all the conveniences of the city just minutes away. With access to acres of outdoor space, as well as a short commute to aerospace and tech hubs like Seattle, Renton and Redmond, homes for rent in Newcastle provide families with the ideal balance of options for work, play and living.
3 Key Facts for Newcastle Renters
- Newcastle is just a 20-minute drive from Seattle, Renton and Redmond, and it's connected to the region by the King County Metro Transit system.
- Newcastle is served by both the Issaquah School District and the Renton School District.
- A former mining community connected by rail to Seattle, Newcastle's coal industry was a major catalyst for the development of the port of Seattle and development throughout the region. By the time the mine closed in 1963, more than 13 million tons of coal had been extracted.
Top 3 Resources for Newcastle Renters
- Access city services and learn more about the community on the City of Newcastle's official website.
- Find out which neighborhoods fall under which school district and access resources for parents on the websites for the Issaquah School District and the Renton School District.
- Look up information about hiking trails and outdoor activities on the website for Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park.
Things to Do in and Around Newcastle
With thousands of acres of public parkland in and around Newcastle, the city offers residents a wide variety of outdoor activities. Families can hike the trails of Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park, have a picnic at Lake Boren Park or go kayaking on nearby Lake Washington. Additionally, residents can hit the links at one of several area golf clubs. They'll also find ample shopping, dining and entertainment opportunities both in town and in the nearby cities of Seattle and Bellevue.