Find the Best Houses for Rent in Tukwila, WA
Renters looking for homes for rent in Washington might find the perfect, most inclusive community for them in the moderately sized city of Tukwila, just 11 miles south of Seattle. Unlike a number of the quaint, small towns in "The Evergreen State," Tukwila offers enough space to roam and provides plenty of room for young families to grow.
3 Facts to Know About Tukwila
- In local Native American dialect, Tukwila means "Land where the hazelnuts grow."
- Tukwila has one of the highest concentrations of retail businesses in the Northwest, making it a great place full of friendly competition for business owners looking to expand.
- Tukwila has always been at the center of transportation - one of the first electric rail trains ran through the center of town, while today it's at the crossroads of local highways I-5 and I-405, and five minutes away from an international airport.
Top 3 Resources for Tukwila Renters
- Tukwila has a government television channel available to people who subscribe to Comcast. They can turn on Channel 21 when they want to see local news updates, public service announcements and City Council meetings.
- Families with little ones might want to contact the Tukwila School District to enroll their kids in one of the five schools in town.
- The Washington State Department of Transportation offers online access to virtual traffic maps, so renters can see the current state of city streets as well as data about travel in surrounding areas.
Fun Things to Do in Tukwila
When people of any age in Tukwila are searching for something fun to do, they will likely always find numerous fun activities awaiting them. They can hit the links at the city's 18-hole golf course, Foster Golf Links. Or maybe they want something a little more active, and they'll find those options at the Tukwila Community Center, where they can participate in various recreation programs and activities.