Take a Look at Houses for Rent in Azusa, CA
The city of Azusa, Calif., also commonly referred to as "The Canyon City," has many wonderful homes for rent. Between the beautiful climate all year, the rich commercial sector and convenient location right outside of Los Angeles, Azusa is the perfect location for any family to call home. The great school system and ample public transit are just a few of the reasons why you can't go wrong living in Azusa.
5 Fun Facts Azusa Renters Should Know
- Comedian Jack Benny used to frequently joke that the origins of the name Azusa came about as a compaction of the phrase "everything from A to Z in the USA." However, the name likely traces back to the 18th century and potentially has Native American origins.
- Azusa is located at the entrance to the San Gabriel Canyon - why it's nicknamed "The Canyon City" - and sits just east of the San Gabriel River.
- The first modern developments in Azusa took place in the 1840s when Englishman Henry Dalton constructed a winery, distillery, vinegar house, meat smokehouse and flour mill adjacent to a vineyard he had planted east of the San Gabriel River.
- The Citrus Crossing shopping mall is located in Azusa, where residents can shop, eat or even catch a movie.
- Azusa is home to Azusa Pacific University, a private Christian school, and Dhammakaya Open University, which caters to Buddhist education.
Important Resources for Azusa Renters
What Makes Azusa a Great Place to Live
Few towns are as conveniently located near modern amenities and have such a scenic and rustic aesthetic as Azusa does. This and a bevy of other factors make it the perfect place to rent a home.