Pursue Appealing Houses for Rent in Indian Wells, California
Indian Wells is a beautiful desert oasis located minutes away from the city of Palm Springs. Don't be discouraged by this city's location - there's plenty of fun in Indian Wells. Homes for rent in Indian Wells allow families to play tennis at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, hit a bucket of balls at the Indian Wells Golf Resort or get massage at Spa Esmeralda. Visitors and townspeople also enjoy going on a hot air balloon ride, singing karaoke at The Nest and getting lunch at the Toscana Country Club.
Facts for Renters
- Indian Wells got its name from the city's hand-built well, created by Native Americans. The name was first documented in 1823 in the diary of explorer Captain Hose Romero, who was ordered to find a route to Tucson. By 1853, the area was described as a thriving Indian village.
- Indian Wells was also an important stop along the trail for gold prospectors. Twenty years later, settlers came to the area to open up the city's first post office and country clubs. By 1922, Indian Wells was noted as having the fastest development for any area in Coachella Valley.
- Later on, more golf courses, country clubs, resorts and hotels were opened to create what is now considered a vacation destination.
- Indian Wells has been visited by celebrities, athletes and even American presidents.
Resources for Renters
- Find out about all the current hot spots for golfing and relaxing on the site for the Indian Wells Resort.
- Learn about current happenings, politics and when the next town hall meeting is on Indian Wells' town website.
- Interested in news and sports stories for the area? Check out The Desert Sun, Indian Wells' one-stop destination for all things news-related.