591 Houses for Rent in La Quinta, California
Number of Bedrooms
La Quinta House Options
Find Luxurious Houses for Rent in La Quinta, CA
La Quinta is a city in California's Riverside County. It's situated in Coachella Valley, near Palm Desert and Indio. With the motto "Gem of the Desert," homes for rent in La Quinta offer gorgeous landscapes and all of the amenities you'd expect of an oasis - even a world-class resort.
Historical Facts About La Quinta
- La Quinta's first residents were the Desert Cahuilla Indians, who are still around today. They were hunters and gatherers who dug wells.
- Trains ran between Los Angeles and Indio beginning in 1876, which allowed farmers in the area to sell their vegetables easily. La Quinta's climate was ideal for growing dates, corn, onions and seedless grapes.
- When La Quinta was incorporated in 1982, it was named after the La Quinta Resort, which was opened in 1926.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Visit La Quinta's official website for everything you need to get situated in the community. It has event calendars, government contact information, department links and details about local businesses that will come in handy.
- Parents should check out the Desert Sands Unified School District's site, which has registration information, schedules and outlines of each school in the area.
- The Play in La Quinta website is full of things to do in the city. It features golf courses, shopping boutiques, fine dining establishments, hiking and biking outlets, and upcoming city-sponsored events that will make your time spent in La Quinta full of fun.
- The La Quinta Resort's website is worth visiting if you ever want to unwind without heading too far from your house for rent. The site goes into detail about the resort's offerings, from tennis courts to spas, shops, restaurants and more.