Discover Charming Houses for Rent in Lawndale, CA
Lawndale is a city in California's Los Angeles County that's located in the South Bay region. It's situated near Hawthorne and Gardena. Originally developed as a master-planned community, Lawndale offers residents homes for rent that are near numerous attractions, amenities and educational opportunities that make raising a family easy.
Historical Facts About Lawndale
- From 1822 to 1846, Antonio Ignacio Avila owned an area called Rancho Sausal-Redondo, which covered present-day Lawndale and its surrounding communities. Avila used it as a grazing pasture for his cattle.
- Robert Burnett bought Rancho Sausal-Redondo in 1868. He combined the land with another stretch he owned, creating the Centinela Ranch. Burnett specialized in sheep and developed orchards and barley in the area.
- Burnett leased the land when he returned to Scotland, and Daniel Freeman became the manager of the ranch. He planted several thousand citrus, almond, olive and eucalyptus trees.
Useful Resources for Renters
- Lawndale's official website is a great place for renters to begin learning about the community. It offers news and announcements, city government information, calendars of events, city-related facts and details about the local departments. It even has quick links renters can use to find weather forecasts and online forms.
- The Lawndale Library is a wonderful resource for those who are looking for things to do with young children. It's also a good place to conduct research or look for entertainment options, as it has a comprehensive online catalog. It even connects residents to nearby libraries if something they need isn't located in the facility.
- The Lawndale Elementary School District's website is helpful for parents who are looking for information about the local schools. It outlines the different facilities, staff contact information, upcoming events, schedules and registration information that new residents will appreciate.