Discover Houses for Rent in Los Gatos, CA
Los Gatos is a unique community straddling the line between rural and urban. With the El Sereno, Felton Station, Bear Creek Redwoods, St. Joseph's Hill and Sierra Azul open space reserves to the immediate south and west of town, there's no shortage of nature in Los Gatos. However, homes for rent in this town are only 13 minutes from downtown San Jose - an easy commute. Los Gatos has a variety of other amenities and attractions renters will love, like the Los Gatos Brewing Company or the Vasona Lake County Park. The Good Samaritan Hospital is also nearby. Los Gatos is near the crossroads of routes 17 and 85, so no matter where in the state you're headed, it's a breeze. Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Oakland are all convenient to get to.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Los Gatos, "The Cats," was originally called "The Cat's Corner," or La Rinconada de Los Gatos, before being shortened. It was named because of the loud mountain lions in the nearby wilderness.
- First settled in 1840, Los Gatos is one of the oldest communities in Santa Clara County. Although it was settled by ranchers in the mid-1800s, the population didn't start to boom until the late 1800s and up through the mid-1900s. The town's physical size expanded with the growing population.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Because of its proximity to one of California's largest city's, Los Gatos residents can get their news from the San Jose Mercury News, which works with the Los Gatos Weekly Times to give residents up-to-date community information.
- The town's schools are run by the Los Gatos Union School District, which operates four schools in the community.
- Whether you want to investigate new town programs, look at the budget or contact a representative, the Town of Los Gatos official website is the one-stop location for what you need.