Find Houses for Rent in Saratoga, CA
Saratoga is a city in Clara County, on the edge of Santa Clara Valley. Saratoga is a suburb of the metropolitan hub of San Jose, just west of this major city. The suburb is a wonderful place for homes for rent due to its proximity to San Jose, as well as its close location to Silicon Valley, the Pacific Ocean and nearby mountains and state parks.
Saratoga prides itself on its small-town feel with big-city amenities. Renters in the city can enjoy the nearby city life or spend some time outdoors in the enjoyable Californian climate. Saratoga is home to a wide range of activities, from shopping and dining to arts and entertainment. For families interested in the community, Saratoga has some of the best schools in the country and a family-friendly atmosphere.
Facts for Renters
- Saratoga's top-tier schools are spread out over six school districts. There is the Saratoga Union School District, the Cupertino Union School District, the Campbell Union School District, the Los Gatos-Saratoga High School District, the Campbell Union High School District and the Fremont Union High School District.
- The first settlement in the area started back in 1848 by William Campbell. Campbell built a sawmill with hopes of founding a community. It wasn't until after the gold rush that Saratoga began to grow.
- Saratoga's name was inspired by Saratoga Springs, NY. Both cities have a mineral spring.
- Saratoga was named the "Safest City in California" in 2013 and one of the top 20 safest in the U.S. in 2014.
Resources for Renters
- Families interested in homes for rent should visit the Saratoga city website.
- Interested in local events? Head on over to the San Jose Mercury News, which covers Saratoga.