Discover Houses for Rent in Merced, CA
In northern California's San Joaquin Valley, Merced is a major city and a county seat. Nearly halfway between Fresno and Modesto, homes for rent in Merced are convenient for traveling and commuting throughout the state. The city is home to Merced College, the University of California Merced, Merced Regional Airport and a number of local restaurants and businesses. There are also plenty of parks for any nature-loving families. Fahrens Park, Civic Park, Black Rascal Creek Park and Lake Yosemite County Park near the university are just a few of the scenic options.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Merced is a booming community. It's been growing faster than the state average since 1980.
- In 2005, the University of California Merced opened its doors to the first 1,000 students. As the brand-new branch of the famed UC system grows, it should expand to fit nearly 25,000 students.
- Merced has a strong economy and a great commercial shopping area. The retail space is growing nearly as fast as the population and brings in plenty of sales tax revenue back to the city. Merced also features a great downtown area families will enjoy exploring.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Merced city website can help townspeople with a number of tasks. From checking on the latest meeting's minutes and examining municipal codes, to finding out about little league and job openings, the city website has it all.
- Merced is also the county seat of Merced County, which is the prominent government throughout the San Joaquin Valley.
- Children in Merced are part of the Merced City School District, which is conveniently located downtown and operates more than a dozen schools.
- The Merced Sun-Star is a prominent local newspaper in the area, dishing out community news, sports and entertainment to the city and area towns.