Discover Houses for Rent in Turlock, CA
Located near Hughson and Salida, Turlock is a mid-sized city about a 2-hour drive from San Francisco and the Bay Area. Homes for rent in Turlock take advantage of the natural beauty of the land to create a safe and quiet community for families to grow together.
Fun Facts About Turlock for Residents
- Faithful to its roots as a diverse community, Turlock was once recognized in the 1930s by Ripley's Believe It or Not as having the most churches per capita in the U.S. This was due to the large communities of Sikhs, Protestants, Mormons and Roman Catholics that all raised their own houses of worship.
- The Turlock Express, an indoor soccer team in the Professional Arena Soccer League, plays their home games at the Turlock Indoor Soccer Complex. The Express plays teams from around the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- The Stanislaus County Fair, held in Turlock every July, attracts thousands of people from surrounding towns to participate in livestock and agriculture competitions. The fair also features concerts, a carnival and kid-friendly activities for a day of fun appropriate for all ages.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Turlock
- Parents should look into the Turlock Unified School District, which handles all the educational opportunities for children in the city. With nine elementary schools, one middle school, one junior high school and three high schools, Turlock is a great place to learn and grow as a child.
- Turlock also has opportunities for higher learning, as California State University Stanislaus is located in the northern part of the city. Founded in 1947, more than 200,000 graduates call CSUS their alma mater.