Discover Houses for Rent in Winton, CA
Located near Turlock and Hughson, Winton is a smaller community nestled into California's San Joaquin Valley. Residents will immediately notice that Winton places a high premium on natural beauty, and the dozens of state parks within a few hour's drive provide plenty of opportunities to get out of the house and enjoy a hike. Homes for rent in Winston are sure to satisfy even the most active outdoorsmen.
Fun Facts About Winton for Residents
- The Great Valley Grasslands State Park stretches across several hundred acres of native grasslands, one of the few intact ecosystems in California's Central Valley. Residents can hike along trails and observe a wide range of birds and other animals throughout the grasslands.
- To the east sits one of the most famous nature preserves in the world - Yosemite National Park. With tall granite peaks that drop into valleys cut by glaciers, even the least outdoorsy person can enjoy the natural beauty of Yosemite.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Winton
- Parents should look into the Winton School District for more information on schools and curricula in the town. Winton has three elementary and one middle school within the community's limits, but there are many high schools in neighboring towns.
- Residents can take advantage of the nearby Merced County Castle Airport to bypass traffic and circuitous routes for work or play. Flights to San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland and Los Angeles depart daily.
- Young adults in Windsor have access to California's world-renowned public university system, and the University of California, Merced is only a 20-minute drive from Winton. A research-heavy institution, UC Merced students learn invaluable skills in science and technology.