Discover Your Next House for Rent in Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Known to locals as "The Ranch," this census-designated place near Encinitas in San Diego County is primarily residential, making it ideal for families looking to settle down in Southern California. Finding a home for rent is an exciting endeavor due to the community's prolific recreational areas and numerous large-acre properties.
Interesting Facts About Rancho Santa Fe
- Santa Fe's name is derived from the Spanish words meaning "holy" and "faith."
- The Office of Historic Preservation classifies Rancho Santa Fe as a historic planned community. It was registered with the organization on Feb. 17, 1989.
- The area was first known as Rancho San Dieguito, then it was included as part of a land grant to Juan María Osuna in 1845 that was comprised of approximately 9,000 acres. Later, the Santa Fe Railway Company used the land to plant eucalyptus trees to use as railroad ties.
- During the 1920s, Rancho Santa Fe became one of California's first planned communities that followed a single architectural theme - the Spanish Colonial Revival.
- Formerly known as Rancho Zorro in the olden days, Fairbanks Ranch was originally owned by actors Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford. Today, it serves as a gated community in Rancho Santa Fe.
Useful Resources for New Residents
- The Rancho Santa Fe School District provides the community with exceptional school facilities that encourage safe environments for residents' children. Its website has robust information regarding schools, summer camps, special programs and event calendars for the area.
- The Covenant at Rancho Santa Fe is one of California's finest golf courses, considered one of the top country clubs in the world. However, golf isn't the only amenity available at the resort, as there's also tennis and gardening, as well as numerous paths and trails to traverse.