225 Houses for Rent in Gainesville, Florida
Number of Bedrooms
Gainesville House Options
Looking for more?
Find Great Houses for Rent in Gainesville, FL
Gainesville is located in central Florida along U.S. Route 75. It's the largest city in Alachua County and neighbors Newberry, Archer and Alachua. Gainesville is home to the University of Florida and Santa Fe College and has a diverse mix of residents. Homes for rent in the city are close to a number of cultural facilities including the Florida Museum of Natural History and the Harn Museum of Art.
Interesting Facts for Future Renters
- Alachua County was established in 1824 and originally spanned from Tampa Bay to the Georgia border. Gainesville was the county's largest city and the site of two battles during the Civil War.
- The city is known for its preservation of historic architecture and the environment. Historic buildings in Gainesville include the Seagle Building, the Old Gainesville Depot and the Bailey Plantation House.
- Gainesville has four sister cities: Novorossiisk, Russia; Kfar Saba, Israel; Qalqilya, Palestine and Duhok, Iraq.
- The two-day Downtown Festival and Art Show is held each fall in Gainesville. The event draws hundreds of traditional artists, as well as performing artists and chefs. The fair is attended by more than 100,000 people.
Useful Resources for Residents
- The City of Gainesville website is a valuable resource for renters. It contains information on area neighborhoods, schools, health and public safety and events.
- The local newspaper is called The Gainesville Sun and reports on breaking news, school sports and entertainment in the city.
- The Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce was established in 1924 and is the community's go-to source of information on area businesses. Its website hosts a calendar of local events and a list of available jobs.