Discover Houses for Rent in Cape Coral, FL
Cape Coral is in Lee County and lies directly along the Gulf of Mexico. Cape Coral neighbors Fort Myers, while homes for rent in the city are a great way for residents to spend quality time at excellent nearby locations such as Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve, Palmetto-Pine Country Club, Hunters Run Executive Golf Course, Cape Coral Public Library and many more.
Interesting Facts About Cape Coral
- Cape Coral got its start in 1957 - relatively late for a city in Florida.
- The city has the largest number of canals in an urban location anywhere on the globe - more than 400 miles of the city is made up of canal-based waterways.
- Cape Coral was developed by Leonard and Jack Rosen, who worked in the real estate business. They bought a vast swath of land that enabled the modern city of Cape Coral to receive its impetus as an ultra-modern and unique city, as it was referred to as the "Waterfront Wonderland" during the city's early existence.
- The city's motto is "Living the Dream in Southwest Florida."
Resources for Renters
- Cape Coral's richly detailed website offers great insights for prospective renters. Residents can find out about the various services Cape Coral offers - such as charter schools, a citizen support center, passport services, public records and Cape TV, among others. This site also clearly notes the city's values and mission - which include making the city an excellent waterfront area. If residents have any other questions, contact information is available on the site.
- The School District of Lee County has a website, which is a great source for parents who value education. The district has a page called "About Us" that will direct residents to many highly specified pages on the district's make-up, such as an employee directory. The site also includes pages on the school board, departments and schools in the district.