Explore Houses for Rent in Pensacola, FL
Pensacola is a thriving port city located on Escambia Bay and Pensacola Bay. Homes for rent in Pensacola are close to a diverse selection of urban attractions and a number of beach-side communities such as Gulf Breeze and Navarre.
Interesting Pensacola Facts
- The first rounds of the Civil War were fired in Pensacola, at Fort Barrancas' drawbridge.
- Pensacola has been ruled by several nations, including Britain, France and the U.S.
- The earliest settlement of Pensacola was by the Spanish in 1559, predating the Pilgrims' landing at Plymouth Rock by more than 60 years and the founding of Jamestown by almost a half-century.
- One of the last major events of the First Seminole War occurred in Pensacola, when Andrew Jackson seized the city in 1818.
Useful Pensacola Resources
- The City of Pensacola official website offers municipal tools such as online payment services and government forms.
- For a plethora of details on entertainment and local beaches, renters can check out the Visit Pensacola website.
- The Greater Pensacola Chamber website provides information about the economic activities of Pensacola and the surrounding area.
Ways to Play in Pensacola
Renters can get acquainted with local history at the Historic Pensacola Village in downtown Pensacola. The establishment gives guided tours and has a children's museum with historic artifacts and a train set. The Pensacola Museum of Art is suited for those with cultural interests and hosts an array of exhibits. For instance, the museum has held an exposition of flags and posters from World War I and World War II. To relax, socialize and enjoy live music, residents can stop by World of Beer, which touts an extensive beer menu and regular events. If you're looking to take to the seas and catch local fish, Inshore Fishing with Captain Wes Rozier may be the perfect opportunity to reel in a whopper.