296 Houses for Rent in Tallahassee, Florida
Number of Bedrooms
Tallahassee House Options
Looking for more?
Explore Houses for Rent in Tallahassee
Tallahassee, the state capital of Florida, is the 125th largest city in the United States. It's close to the Gulf of Mexico and Georgia - 20 miles or less away from each. It's geographically unique from other parts of the state because of its rolling hills which are typically found further north. The population is made up of students at nearby colleges as well as families. People looking for homes to rent in the area might be drawn to the city's vibrant scene filled with art, culture and a deep heritage.The beautiful architecture upholds some of its early Indian and Spanish influences.
Interesting Points About Tallahassee FL
- The city started off as a part of two counties - Escambia and Jackson - before was later considered to be a part of Leon County.
- The name Tallahassee means "old fields" and was decided by Apalachee Indians who lived there during the 16th century.
- In the heart of downtown is the oldest public burial ground in the city, Old City Cemetery. Visitors can see the graves of casualties from the Confederate and Union Civil War and a number of residents who had died from a yellow fever outbreak in 1841.
- The Museum of Florida is located in Tallahassee. It has permanent exhibits on the Civil War and World War II.
Resources for Renters
- The city's official website has information on youth sports, public transportation and volunteer opportunities. Golf, tennis and football are just a fraction of the sports offered.
- Visit Tallahassee has information about colleges, government and additional historical background.
- Parents can learn more about the public school systems by checking out the Leon County School's website. It offers a virtual tour of the facilities, options for lunch programs and a segue to the middle school, high school, elementary school and charter schools websites.