Discover Houses for Rent in Naples, FL
Naples is a city on the southwest coast of Florida, north of Key West. Naples is also close to Bonita Springs and Marco Island. Families searching for homes for rent in Naples will have access to locations such as Cambier Park, The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar, Naples Bay Resort Florida, Landings Park, Tin City Shops and Naples Depot Museum.
History of Naples
- The Caloosa Native American tribe were the earliest inhabitants of Naples.
- Roger Gordon and Joe Wiggins were among the first settlers to come to Naples in the late 1800s.
- The area's climate led many individuals to compare it with Naples, Italy, which is how the city gained its name. Another force behind the comparison was the large amount of fish.
- The city was a popular vacation area for the famous during the winter months. Thomas Edison, Greta Garbo and Gary Cooper were some of the individuals who stayed in the Naples Hotel.
- Naples is the county seat of Collier County.
Resources for Renters
Naples' website helpfully lists arts and entertainment venues in the city, such as art galleries. The site also lists upcoming shows in Naples and a description of the Naples Philharmonic Center for the Arts. The site provides a page called "Shopping" that directs renters to area malls and featured retailers. A page called "Nature" has links to beaches, parks and fishing in Naples. A description of the city, boating and marinas, services, a calendar, info desk, photos and stories, and contact information are other prominent pages.
- The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce has a website that has pages for members and visitors. The site also displays the chamber's directory and future events that are slated to occur in the city.