Discover Houses for Rent in Bogart, Georgia
Bogart is located in Clark and Oconee Counties and is close to Athens. It's halfway between Atlanta and Columbia - two major metropolitan areas. There's plenty of fun and free activities for children living in Bogart and nearby areas. The World of Wonder Playground is just a short distance away from Bogart. It's a free castle playground that offers swings, slides, mazes and bridges. Throughout Oconee County are plenty of stores and several art galleries. The community has recently gained popularity among people who work in the city but want to live in a more rural area. It's a tight knit community with access to major cities, which is why it's a good option for families who are looking for homes for rent.
Facts About Bogart
- The town changed it's name from Osceola to Bogart in 1892 after learning another town in Georgia had the same name. It was originally named after a Seminole Indian who was a leader during the second Seminole War in the state of Florida around 1835.
- Bogart was named after a railroad.
- Dumb and Dumber star Jeff Daniels was born near Bogart in a city called Athens.
- "Believe in Bogart" is the city's mission statement. It demonstrates a commitment to integrity and responsibilities.
- The Georgia Museum of Natural History has 100 whale skeletons and more than a million inspect species on display.
Information for Renters
- To learn about news for Bogart and surrounding areas, visit Online Athens. It's a source that has the latest occurrences, a classified section and information about local activities. A section called Dog Bytes is dedicated to various sports in the community.
- Check out the city's official website for community information and some of its events.