Encounter Houses for Rent in Holly Springs, GA
Holly Springs is a wonderful town in Cherokee County. It's approximately 30 minutes from Marietta. Homes for rent allow families to revel in the tastes of Italy at Latini's Italian Market and Deli, go kayaking in Allatoona Lake or go biking on the Blankets Creek mountain bike trails.
Facts for Renters
- Holly Springs was named after a spring that was surrounded by holly trees. The town was founded in 1879 when it was used as a train depot for the L and N Railroad. It was later incorporated in 1906.
- Some of the town's exports early on were marble and cotton. After 1930, the area became known for its booming poultry and agriculture industry. Farming still was important to the town's settlers up until the 1980s. It also became an exporter of lumber.
- Holly Springs still is filled with historical architecture from different eras. It even has an area known as the Historic District. Here visitors can find architecture with Colonial Revival, Folk Victorian and Craftsmen styles.
- The town is a mere 40 minutes from Atlanta, so the area is constantly expanding.
- In the 1990s, residents of Holly Springs came together to restore the depot where it all began. The building now serves as a community center for townspeople.
Resources for Renters
- Renters can learn about when the town's Autumn Fest is, figure out the best restaurants in town or simply jot down important town dates by visiting the Holly Springs town website.
- Interested in knowing about what the weather will be this week or what events are going on in the area? Check out the Cherokee Ledger News website.
- Discover when school dates are or when vacation begins using the Cherokee County School District website.