Find Houses for Rent in Montgomery, IL
Montgomery is a charming village located in Kane and Kendall counties. It's approximately six minutes from the city of Aurora. Homes for rent allow families to venture to the local hangout, Elmer's Doghouse, rest up at The Blue Boar Inn or grab a beer and a burger at the Poor Boy's Pub.
Facts for Renters
- The first settler to the area of Montgomery was Jacob Carpenter, who arrived in Chicago from Logan County. Carpenter built a log cabin near the Fox River. It was the first home to be built in Kane County. His wife gave birth to a son, who became the first white child born in the Aurora township.
- All the settlers who came to the area were considered squatters since there were no government surveys for the region yet.
- In 1835, a man named Daniel Gray moved to the region. He was a pioneer and businessman who wanted to bring prosperity to the small and quiet village. Within a year, he had built a few businesses, a manufacturing shop, and one of the best stone grist mills at the time. Gray is considered the founder of the town as he jumpstarted business in the community and brought commerce to the area.
- By 1858, the village had been incorporated into the state.
Resources for Renters
- Find out more history about this village or just what to do around town by checking out the Montgomery website.
- Learn what you need to know to enroll children in local schools or what to expect on the first day by visiting the Community Unit School District 308.
- Explore the daily news, hot topics and local happenings by perusing through the Ledger-Sentinel.