73 Houses for Rent in South Elgin, Illinois
Number of Bedrooms
South Elgin House Options
Find Houses for Rent in South Elgin, IL
If quality of life for you and your family means safe streets, a good education and beautiful parks for exercising and admiring nature, you should consider homes for rent in South Elgin, Illinois. As part of Kane County, South Elgin and its neighboring communities, such as St. Charles, provide the comfort of natural landscapes with the modernity of thriving economic hubs.
Fun Facts for Renters in South Elgin
- Much of the landscape of South Elgin has been carved out and influenced by the Fox River.
- The city was known as Clintonville before it was incorporated as the Village of South Elgin in 1897.
- Residents who wish to enjoy the busy metropolis of Chicago will enjoy the fact that South Elgin is only 40 miles northwest of the city.
- There are many special events around the year for residents to enjoy. In August, there's Riverfest Express, which features a popular car show, small business expo and local craftsmen showcase. November has Almost Winter Day with a bonfire, carriage rides and a visit with Santa, and the Fish-N-Freeze Ice Fishing Derby takes place in February.
- The Parks and Facilities Department of South Elgin manages more than 56 acres of passive park land and more than 125 acres of active park land. Additionally, there are more than 200 acres of Protected Natural Areas. The parks and bike trails give residents ample opportunities for enjoying nature and physical activity.
Resources for Renters in South Elgin
- Students in South Elgin are served by two public school districts, as well as the private institution of St. Patrick School.
- Three full-service health care facilities serve the families of South Elgin.
- Residents are regularly encouraged to sit down to coffee with the mayor and other city administrators to discuss non-business related issues.