125 Houses for Rent in Vernon Hills, Illinois
Number of Bedrooms
Vernon Hills House Options
Explore Houses for Rent in Vernon Hills, IL
If your family is looking for homes for rent in an area that has a rich sense of history as well as stimulating contemporary culture for the children, Vernon Hills, Illinois, may be the destination for you. As part of Lake County, which includes the nearby communities of Mudelein and Libertyville, Vernon Hills provides families with opportunities to grow, have fun and set down roots.
Fun Facts for Renters in Vernon Hills
- During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Vernon Hills and the surrounding Lake County became increasingly attractive to wealthy Chicago residents who wanted to move and settle somewhere less busy than the city. Before then, it was primarily occupied by wealthy farmers or small dairy and grain operations.
- Before incorporation, one of the original names proposed for the city was Forest Hills, but the residents decided there were already too many nearby communities with the word "forest" in the name. By the time the city was incorporated on July 16, 1958, the citizens decided on Vernon Hills, which was taken after the name of the original development.
- Homes built during the 1970s were among the first in the country to include solar panels.
- As part of Lake County, residents of Vernon Hills can enjoy different destinations for fun and culture, including the Great Lakes Naval Museum, the Lake County Discovery Museum or the KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort.
Resources for Renters in Vernon Hills
- Students in Vernon Hills are educated by 12 public elementary and primary school districts, four public high school districts and one private high school. There are also three institutions of higher learning.
- The Aspen Drive Library is part of the Cook Memorial Public Library System.
- Water and sewer bills can be paid electronically online through the Lake County Public Works website.