Discover Houses for Rent in Maize, Kansas
Maize is a suburb of Wichita, which is in Sedgwick County. Nearby cities include Newton, Hutchinson and Derby. It's the perfect place for families looking for homes for rent because the metropolitan area is strife with exciting events, employment opportunities and exotic locales. Not to mention, it has great weather. Wichita gets more than 250 day of sunshine annually, making it easy to exercise, play and work outside.
Fun Facts about Maize
- The Wichita River Festival draws more than 350,000 people from nearby and far-flung places. The event transformed from a one-day affair to an elaborate nine-day celebration filled with concerts, food and road races.
- If you have a soft spot for South American fare, keep Lou's Charcuterie and Cocktails on your radar. The eatery offers an intimate menu of meats, cheeses and sandwiches.
- Take in a show at the Hartman Arena, which schedules sporting events, concerts and family-friendly attractions.
- The Exploration Place is a 20-acre site that offers hands-on activities and exhibits in tune with flight, Kansas and medieval life. A theater, snack bar and planetarium are located inside the facility.
- Watermark Books and Cafe is the perfect spot for a lazy afternoon. Bring along a good book and stretch out in one of the chairs while sipping on a delectable cup of coffee.
Information for Renters
- Visit Wichita's official website to learn more about the area. The site touts employment, educational and government information. Perusing it is a great way to find out if Maize is someplace you could call home.
- Check out the Wichita Chamber of Commerce if you'd like to learn about businesses in the district. You can also job hunt or join the organization using the website.