Discover Houses for Rent in Geismar, LA
Located outside of Gonzales, the community of Geismar has a prime, central location in the heart of Louisiana. Homes for rent in this Ascension Parish town benefit from scenic, waterside views of the Mississippi River.
Fun Facts About Geismar for New Residents
- Whether you're planning a wedding, birthday party or private corporate event, Upperline Event Productions has the materials you need to turn any room into a luxurious meeting hall. It provides a service that focuses on complete customer satisfaction and accommodation.
- Honoring the legacy of the Brooklyn Dodger who broke the color barrier in professional baseball, Jackie Robinson Memorial Park is full of recreational opportunities. With a concession stand and lighted baseball field, this area is ripe for fun outdoor activities.
Important Resources for Renters New to Geismar
- The Dutchtown Schools of Geismar are managed by the Ascension Parish Public Schools system, handling the educational values of the community's children. Its Common Core Standards and vision of engaging learning environments make it one of the best school programs in the state.
- In nearby Baton Rouge, the Rural Life Museum at Louisiana State University details 19th-century life in the outdoor landscape of the state. Classically restored buildings and a barn full of rare artifacts make this museum perfect for family outings.
- The neighboring city of Gonzales is home to the Lamar Dixon Expo Center, which provides the community with a facility to host events and other activities. Its goal is to attract a variety of entertainment acts, including horse shows, science fairs and musical concerts.
What to Do in Geismar
With its close proximity to the hub of Baton Rouge and many amenities afforded by the Mississippi River, the town of Geismar is full of opportunity and fun for families of all sizes.