Discover Houses for Rent in Saint Francisville, LA
Saint Francisville is a small town on the banks of the Mississippi, just upstream from Baton Rouge. Homes for rent in Saint Francisville give families the opportunity to live in a historic community that's brimming with small-town, antebellum charm. Residents of Saint Francisville call their town the "Treasure of West Feliciana Parish" because they've been able to preserve its beauty while building a modern community.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Much of Saint Francisville's success has been due to small, fertile glacial foothills that made the area farmable. There are still six plantations near town that people can visit - including The Myrtles Plantation and Rosedown Plantation - to see how it was during the booming cotton years. Other cotton communities in the area didn't survive as well as Saint Francisville, which adapted.
- The area that's now Saint Francisville was originally settled by the Spanish in the late 1700s to build a monastery and graveyard. The town was first called "La Villa de San Francisco."
- People will enjoy the historic, quiet downtown with its old churches, homes and courthouse, as well as the nearby Cat Island National Wildlife refuge, which houses the largest trees east of the redwood forest.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- There are five schools in Saint Francisville that are part of the West Feliciana Parish School Board and conveniently serve the neighborhood's children.
- Residents will love the variety of downtown shops and restaurants that are in Saint Francisville's historic district.
- Saint Francisville has a strong Web presence that will attract both residents with practical links to water and public works, as well as tourists with its interactive maps and trivia.
Live in Saint Francisville
The people of Saint Francisville are proud of their town, and they have been for hundreds of years. Families will love living in the historic, small community.