Note: GreatSchools ratings are based on a comparison of test results for all schools in the state. It is designed to be a starting point to help parents make baseline comparisons, not the only factor in selecting the right school for your family. Learn More
Accepts Credit Card Payments
Accepts Electronic Payments
High Speed Internet Access
Wireless Internet Access
On Site Management
On Site Patrol
Rooftop Firepit & Grilling Area
The OHM Courtyard
Jolt Powerhouse Fitness Center
Free Browsing WiFi
Heated Parking Garage
Free Bicycle Storage
Access to Riverfront
Just three years after Thomas Edison perfected the incandescent lamp, electric power arrived in Omaha in 1883 with the incorporation of the Northwestern Electric Lights Company and their installation of 20 arc lights along the city's streets. Since then, the site of The Breakers power plant has been providing Omaha's sources of heat and power, lighting up the city. A March 1890 article in the Omaha World Herald declared the coal-fired power station to be the largest electrical building of its kind in the United States, with such innovative features as a sliding crane and an elevator run by electricity.
The current buildings on the site were constructed over a period of approximately 31 years of considerable growth, from 1920-1951. Although the earliest portions of the complex (1889) were removed in the 1970s, the site on which they stood is included in the property's green space, exceeding 11 acres. The Breakers consists of three attached structures named for their original uses: The boiler, The Turbine Hall, and The Switchgear.
The Breakers. Generations of Light.
We take fraud seriously. If something looks fishy, let us know.