261 Houses for Rent in Bellevue, Nebraska
Number of Bedrooms
Bellevue House Options
Find the Perfect House for Rent in Bellevue, NE
Bellevue is a city in Sarpy County, Nebraska. It's located just 8 miles south of Omaha, making it part of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area. Homes for rent sit atop rolling hills that overlook the Missouri River, with tree-lined streets that offer a picturesque atmosphere. Modern amenities, entertainment options and leisure activities are all easily accessible in Bellevue, making it a great place to settle down and raise a family.
Historical Facts About Bellevue
- Settlement of the land that Bellevue now stands on began in 1822 when Joshua Pilcher, president of the Missouri Fur Company, built a fur trading post. The post was later called Fontenelle's Post, named after Lucien Fontenelle, a fur trader who bought it in 1828. The post was a central trading point between local Omaha, Otoe, Missouri and Pawnee tribes.
- Early French-Canadian trappers called the area Belle Vue because of the beautiful view from the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River.
- After the trading posts were abandoned, Bellevue still thrived. It became a center for the transfer of manufactured goods from the east and furs from the west. Business was booming from the 1840s to the 1850s.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- Bellevue has a wonderful website that's full of resources that new renters will find helpful, including links to city government pages, department contact information, local news, upcoming events and services for those who are new to the community.
- The Greater Bellevue Area Chamber of Commerce's site can clue new residents in to the businesses in the local area. It also has information about upcoming city projects, great places to eat and drink and area attractions.
- Bellevue University is located in town and is a great opportunity for renters and their children to look into higher education. Visit the website for registration information, campus events and other facts about the school.