Search Perfect Houses for Rent in Papillion, NE
Papillion is the seat of Nebraska's Sarpy County. It's situated near Omaha and La Vista. Homes for rent in Papillion give renters access to all of the amenities, opportunities and attractions that have helped make it one of CNN Money magazine's Best Places to Live. It's also been distinguished as one of the best places to raise children in the state, which attracts many like-minded families.
Historical Facts About Papillion
- The first Papillion settlement was several miles northeast of the present city. It was platted in 1856 and incorporated the year after. However, it soon vanished from the records. Present-day Papillion was platted years later on land owned by the Beadle brothers.
- Papillion was incorporated in 1883.
- The city is named after Papillion Creek, which was a misspelling of the French word "papillon," meaning butterfly. Fur traders found a lot of butterflies on the banks of the creek.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- Papillion's official website is a great place to find more information on everything about the city. It has a calendar of events, department contact information, details about the local government, annual reports and other links that new residents should be sure to check out.
- The Papillion-La Vista School District's site is helpful for parents who are looking for registration information, schedules or curricula for the various schools in the community.
- The Sumtur Amphitheatre is one of the best outdoor performance venues in the Omaha region. Owned and operated by Papillion, its website outlines upcoming events that residents will love.
- Sump Memorial Library is a wonderful resource for those who want to do research or look for entertainment options. You can even download free ebooks and audiobooks online.